Choosing a resort in Mauritius for your own family, who has never been, is quite a daunting task! The pressure to get it right is enormous, especially if you’ve been selling Mauritius for more than 20 years and have had the privilege of visiting the island on more than one occasion. You desperately want to get it right; you want to WOW them with not only the beauty of the island, but with the resort as well. For a diverse group of 8 people, you want to make sure beforehand that there would be something in it for everyone, that it would a trip of a lifetime for all, from young to old.
It took months of planning and research, but I guess in my heart I already knew. I could only go LUX* So I settled on…
LUX* Grand Gaube…
And after getting back, I can honestly say, it was one of the best family trips we have ever had!!! LUX* Grand Gaube is the place to be. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we were utterly and thoroughly spoiled.
LUX* gives you a list of reasons to go:
- Veggie heaven – massive selection of the finest vegetarian meals
- Photo fanatics – photography studio and workshops
- ICI – LUX very own ice cream brand, absolutely delicious ( had about 10 scoops a day!!! )
- Junk Art Studio – spend time creating something beautiful
- LUX* Me – the best spa treatments ever
- Message in a bottle – find the bottle and win a treat!!!
- Phone home – free calls to anywhere in the world, free of charge!
- Tree of wishes – make a wish, hang it on the tree and stand a chance to win something big!
- Master Chef – an opportunity to create the meal of your dreams
- Café Lux – it’s always coffee time and very good coffee for those serious coffee drinkers
- Panama hat station – instead of looking to buy a hat in the hotel lobby, you need to go out and look for it!
- Cinema Paradiso – open air movies under the stars!
- Wanderlust Library – most beautiful place to read
- Tread lightly – offsetting 100% of the carbon emitted during your stay
- Aperitivo – a moving bar, never in the same place twice!
- Scrucap – South Africa’s most exciting contemporary wines
- Mamma Aroma – amazing body products with a difference
My reasons to go are quite simple:
- You want to eat the best food under the sun!
- You want to have a true holiday, especially if you’re a mum ( will elaborate later )
- You want to be treated like royalty, your every whim and fancy catered to
- You want to be surrounded by beauty, the likes of which you’ve never seen before
- You don’t want to feel bored, instead you want to feel inspired, all the time!
- You want to experience deep relaxation and get rid of unwanted stress
- You want to create lasting memories, to calm the waters when the seas get a bit rough
The highlight of my daugther’s trip was their Mini Club called PLAY. I spent all of 15 minutes on the beach with my daughter, in 7 days! As the only child in our group, she lived her best life and had the holiday of her dreams! The kids club ladies are amazing and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable to hand her over to them. They kept the kids busy all the time with lots of fun activities planned throughout the day. She went crab hunting on the beach, she went on an excursion to the aquarium, she painted, she created things, she baked, she watched movies, she made lasting friendships and had the time of her life!
Mauritius is a special place, with loads of resorts to choose from. For me, the creme de la creme was LUX*
Go on, spoil yourself, you are worth it!!!